There was a survey done not too long ago. During this survey, people were asked to name the most important invention of the 20th century.
Some 7% said it was television, 11% said telephone while 80% of people said it was the computer.
However, even more important than computer was the invention of the worldwide web, or internet. It has spawned various jobs, new media and e-commerce. And of course, everyone slowly started using the internet.
First came teenagers and baby boomers, and then came the Generation X together with the seniors.
So, with all these different kinds of potential customers browsing the internet every day, a natural question comes to mind: can you really make money with online marketing?
To answer this question, we need to think about what internet marketing brings to the table. It does two things: it creates opportunities and it destroys the tried and old ways of doing business.
This is a real gold rush. There are four ways you can participate in it:
- Become an investor
The problem with this is that you need to have the money already and be willing to risk it.
- Become a salesperson
Once again, the problem lies with a marketable product or service, a good web site, patents, etc.
- Become a developer
Here, the problem is in technical knowledge and training that are required.
- The other option is to remain where you are now.
After all, the internet marketing will become revolutionized only when everyone will have an equal standing.
So, how can you get involved, you might ask?
Well, it is very easy to do and only requires you to speak about it. As you can see, the internet is filled with millions of web pages that nobody talks about. Why do companies like Google and Amazon earn so much money, then?
Because they not only make money but they also spend a huge portion of their revenue on various advertisements. So, pick some sites you trust that you can advertise to. Once you understand where all the traffic for that site is, you can target it directly and began building an email marketing list.
This is how the ordinary joe can create an amazing income from working at home even with little to no experience.
How to Build Your Email List with a Landing Page
A Landing Page refers to a type of web page that is used to act as an entry channel for a website. In simple words, a landing page means any web-based page that an online visitor may land in while surfing other websites. When the user clicks on any link or advertisement which is search engine optimized, then he/she may reach a landing page.
There are mainly two ways of linking your email to your website. One way is to send your email links directly to your website’s content pages. The other way is to send your email links directly to your landing page which you have created exclusively for the promotion of your products via email. This landing page is known as email landing page, which can help your business to reach great heights of success.
You will be able to sync your landing page to your email service provider just by making a few clicks on your template and you can get more from your list building using the Ask Method Masterclass technique from Ryan Levesque.
Let us now see how to build your email list with a landing page. In the below points, we will be discuss some of the best practices to be followed in order to enhance your email landing pages.
- Pass your email landing page through ‘three second scan’- The most important point to be noted in order to make your email landing page successful is by making it pass the ‘three second scan’. Online survey states that in most cases online users may choose to either stay or abandon a page within five seconds. This means that you will need to deploy methods through which you can convince your visitor to stay on your page for minimum time of three seconds. For this, your page will have to load faster so that the visitor doesn’t lose patience.
- Concentrate only on one activity- A good email landing page should ideally contain only one action for the visitor to choose from. Too many actions tend to distract the visitor from the main motive.
- Keep the forms to be filled short- People dislike filling long forms which ask for many irrelevant and unnecessary information. If your email landing page contains a form to be filled by the visitor, then keep it as short as possible asking only for those information which you really need.
- Keep your visitors engaged visually- Inclusion of the right amount of images and videos on your landing page can help to keep your visitors visually engaged on your page. Don’t overdo it as it can cause distraction.
Go carefully through these points and clear any confusion on how to build your mail list with a landing page.
As you’re building your list, be sure to remember to implement the Ask method to get a higher response from your email marketing efforts, build a bond, and profit for the long term from your customers.